Re: Ballmer threatens US Government.....

__/ [ Jim Hubbard ] on Thursday 07 June 2007 09:08 \__

http://news.com.com/Podcast+Ballmers+talking+tough+but+is+he+bluffing+Uncle+Sam/2324-11424_3-6189145.html

> We need to pass legislation mandating that all data storage formats be made
> public knowledge to level the playing field between Microsoft and the rest
> of the world.
>
> Sure, Ballmer could move MS out of the US completely if we passed such
> legislation.  But, he'd still have to abide by it if he wanted to sell
> software here.
>
> Then who's gonna buy MS products?  The Chinese?  The Russians?

Send the man away on a slow boat to China [1]. It is clear that they want
little supervision (just watch the EU) and cheap labour.

How long before they pay some more politicians [2,3,4,5,6]?

__
[1] McCain comes out against Net Neutrality; Says would hire Microsoft CEO
Steve Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| In another move that was sure to infuriate many geeks, the 70 year
| old presidential hopeful also said that he would ask Microsoft CEO
| Steve Ballmer to serve on his cabinet to deal with technology issues
| if elected. He did not however say what position Ballmer might be
| hired in, but did joke that he might consider him for a diplomatic
| position, such as ambassador to China.
`----               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/05/30/mccain-comes-out-against-net-neutrality-says-would-hire-microsoft-ceo-steve-ballmer/

Something tells me there would be a lot more torture in China.

[2] Politicians in Microsoft's Pocket

,----[ Quote ]
| Continuing on the theme of which politicians are receiving money from
| who. Here is a list of candidates who took money from MSFT.
`----

http://www.fonz.net/blog/archives/2007/06/04/politicians-in-microsofts-pocket/

[3] US politicians go to bat for Microsoft

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/26/microsoft_eu_political_lobbying/

[4] Politics and tech companies: follow the money

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft took first place with $651,100 given out, while
| Hewlett-Packard gave only $185,550, and Gateway gave a paltry
| $2,000. Microsoft's donations certainly illustrate well the true
| size of the company and the extent of its political concerns.

[5] EU official joins consultancy serving Microsoft

http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2006-10-03T134311Z_01_L03693228_RTRIDST_0_TECH-MICROSOFT-OFFICIAL.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna
http://tinyurl.com/h47g3

[6] US ambassador to the EU was former Microsoft lobbyist

,----[ Quote ]
| Before C. Boyden Gray was named as George Bush's number one person in
| Europe, he was a lawyer lobbying on behalf of Microsoft.

                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 133 total,   1 running, 128 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie