Re: [News] Microsoft Will Not Go to Court, Scares Nobody

__/ [ 7 ] on Wednesday 06 June 2007 21:43 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Open Source's Rod Johnson: No Nuclear Winter Pending On Patents
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Johnson also says he has no special insight into what Microsoft is up
>> | to, but he doesn't think it matters all that much. It won't change
>> | attitudes toward open source adoption.
>

> My fear is that Micoshaft has let itself become a target for
> patent suits in the future as everyone builds up
> for a patent showndown. Its a fight micoshaft is not going
> to win because a few companies joining forces vastly
> outnumber Micoshaft Corporation and eliminate it.
> Micoshaft will be in court every day fritting away their fortune
> on lawyers until the company gets bankrupted and bought out.
>
> SCO2.
>
> Oh what a shame.
>
> Tea anyone?

Well, that's just what Mark Shuttleworth tried to point out, at least as a
warning. Bear in mind that _even Microsoft_ claims it wants a patent reform.
You see, it's afraid of patents (they infringe on many, since any large
program would), but it likes the use of them for FUD against those which
have no portfolio.

It's like a country that develops a lust for nuclear warheads, only to
realise everyone is doing the same in response. Then they all decide that
it's better to dismantale and decommission. Another comparison which gets
Microsoft assimilated to communist, supressive, totalitarian regimes? Oh,
well... that would be a nice fit...

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/05/30/mccain-comes-out-against-net-neutrality-says-would-hire-microsoft-ceo-steve-ballmer/

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
  2:00am  up 39 days 10:22,  9 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.66, 0.82