[News] Microsoft Will Not Go to Court, Scares Nobody

Open Source's Rod Johnson: No Nuclear Winter Pending On Patents

,----[ Quote ]
| Johnson also says he has no special insight into what Microsoft is up
| to, but he doesn't think it matters all that much. It won't change
| attitudes toward open source adoption.
|
| "Customers have long since decided open source is safe to use. In
| our space, it is hard to find any enterprise customer that does not
| use a lot of open source," he noted. Leading closed source products
| from IBM, BEA and Oracle use Apache, Samba and other open source
| internally, he added.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/06/open_sources_ro.html

Opinion: Microsoft's shady deals with Xandros and Novell

,----[ Quote ]
| The problem with this whole can of worms is that Microsoft is
| gambling on never going to court.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/06/opinion_microsofts_deals_with.html

Quite a few false assumptions there.