Re: Open Office Writer - WOW! - Just Installed - BYE BYE MS !!

__/ [ John Locke ] on Wednesday 06 June 2007 10:13 \__

> On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 01:27:13 -0700, flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>It's ***beautiful*** and it is soooooo smooth and unbelievably *stable.*
>>(Especially compared to the jerking integrated patch layers passing for
>>an OS from the Redmond Donkey Boys.)
>>
>>*Save As* in 250 million different formats (almost) including, of course,
>>ODF, the great MS doc format killer.
>>
>>Microsoft could not write this great a level of program if they enslaved
>>all the monkeys of the world on workstations till the end of eternity
>>(they're obviously trying).
>>
>>Open Source is KILLING Microsoft dead.
>>
>>With this great open stuff around, no one with half a wit is gonna stay
>>with Microdonkey, *no way*.
>>
>>Bye Bye MS and your deadbeat leech shills, you retrograde scumsuckers.
>>
>>You've screwed people long enough.
>>
>>**No wonder** so many are going Open Office. Amazing stuff. Just amazing.
>
> Well it appears that you like Open Office...however, there's something
> evil in the wind. You must remember that Microsoft would not exempt
>  "clones" from patent infringement liability when they made the Novel
> deal. Open Office wasn't named specifically but I assume they're
> taking a hard look at some sort of legal action. Beware the snake in
> the grass.

What about their deal with Sun Microsystems. Recall the response from
OpenOffice.org... they said Microsoft was getting desparate and that this
form of FUD was a sign of serious internal issues.

Microsoft patent claims hint at internal issues

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp.'s aim to seek patent royalties from open-source
| distributors and users may be an attempt to use legal threats to
| deflect attention from larger questions surrounding its business,
| including lack of interest in new versions of core products and
| lackluster profit from new wares.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070514/tc_infoworld/88493

It's nothing but another form of FUD, which is intended to scare businesses
that consider migrating to OpenOffice. Microsoft did not invent word
processing and spreadsheet. Merely everything got copies, so there's prior
art. Plenty of it!

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*