Re: [News] [Linux] Looking at the Xadros Deal and Finding Shades of SCO

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:06:58 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Microsoft/Xandros patent-pact deja vu
>
>| Once more we have Microsoft pledging that it won't sue Novell -- excuse
>| me, Xandros -- Linux customers for violating its IP, specifically
>| patents. What patents? Determined how? Violated in what way? We don't
>| know, and Microsoft still isn't telling.

They don't need to tell anybody anything. All Microsoft has to do is
blow a little smoke and everyone runs scared. They're sitting on a
mountain of money and they can field the bogus patent thing
from now until the second coming. Noone has the funds to face
Microsoft in a legal battle. Its one helluva a lot cheaper to sell
your soul.