Re: [News] [Linux] Dell's Linux PCs Leave Buyers Very Satisfied

__/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 03 June 2007 12:53 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I got my Ubuntu pre-installed Dell E520N today!!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The bottom line so far is that I'm very pleased with the value I g
>> | ot with this machine. My first evening of use has been very
>> | satisfying. With the dual core processor and gig of RAM it's
>> | very, very smooth and quick. Note that I purposefully didn't
>> | do anything that required the command line. It's been a good experience.
>> `----
>>
>> http://technocrat.net/d/2007/6/1/20868
>

> Soon the windummy asstroturfing community will be paid
> to moan about their PCs in favour of Micoshaft Corporation products.
>
> It will be worth keeping a note of who and where the
> funding is channelled through.

I wish to find out how Dell's deal with Microvell relates to this. My
suspicion is that Microsoft extends a vendor/manufacturer precedence from
Fuji-Xerox, Samsung, and Novell to OEMs, starting with Dell. This deal
(*cough* with the devil) was made just shortly after they had come out with
the announcement that they would support Linux. Microsoft tries to collect
'tax' on Linux and to an extent it does so already ( see
http://boycottnovell.com/2007/06/03/microsoft-makes-money-from-suse/ ). This
is similar to SCO's plan, based on McBride's latest deposition transcripts.

Luckily.................. GPLv3 will solve *EVERYTHING*! And Microsoft is
going mad as a result. A 3-year-old scheme shall go down the drain. The
lobbyists continue to attack GPLv3 (seen one yesterday), but at this stage
("last minute" draft), Microsoft understands it's a losing battle. They
might try to take this to the court, but the FSF insists GPLv3 authors have
other plans (and purposes) in mind. It's looking good for Free software
because Microsoft left a loophole in its deal with Novell. GPLv3 will
exploit this loophole just as Microvell exploited a GPLv2 loophole.
Cowardice? If anyone is fearful, it's Microsoft. It's the *FSF's* wrath that
has the upper hand now. I'll post about this shortly... evidence that
Microsoft is going nowhere (and reluctantly it knows and acknowledges this).

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)
Cpu(s):  22.8% user,   4.2% system,   0.6% nice,  72.4% idle