[News] Microsoft Magazine on "Crazy Ivan" (Microsoft)

The Crazy Ivan [Microsoft]

,----[ Quote ]
| Why is Microsoft cranking the rudder hard over? They aren't talking, but
| I'm guessing it comes down to General Public License (GPL) version 3.
| GPLv3 is still in the formative stages, but it could prohibit mixed
| marriages like the one between Microsoft and Novell. If GPLv3
| happens, Microsoft's lever into the corporate Linux market could
| get frozen. Novell (and by extension, Microsoft) will have to comply
| with its terms to take advantage of component technologies developed
| under the license. Unable to do that, Microsoft will be left with an
| aging (and ultimately incompatible) flavor of Linux.
`----

http://reddevnews.com/columns/article.aspx?editorialsid=1783

This isn't anything new. Microsoft wants to control Linux (it makes a lot of
money out of SUSE Linux). GPLv3 ends it.

Novell: Microsoft's Halo Only Stretches So Far

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://websphere.sys-con.com/read/383669_p.htm