Re: MS Bob -- All your open-source are belong to us!

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 19:24 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, BearItAll belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> I don't believe for a moment that Linux owes MS anything at all. But
>>> continued fud of this kind by MS might have the effect over time that
>>> people think that it does. Tell a lie often enough and eventually people
>>> believe it.
>>
>> They're Microsoft.  The only thing that keeps them in check is
>> economics.  Sort of.
>>
>> Where are the competing Windows implementations?
>
> Yes, it's a pity that us poor "hobbyists" have to make do with industry
> standard de facto implementations such as Apache, MySQL, INN, Squid,
> Kerberos, bind, SELinux, gcc, rsync, tar, GPG, LVM2, iptables,
> spamassassin, postfix,  ghostscript, CUPS, BitTorrent, Perl, Python,
> NFS, OpenSSH, and countless others.
>
> Witness Microsoft's awesome "professionalism":
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/07/14/windows_me_a_toy_operating/

Hold on. Never seen this one before.

,----[ Quote ]
| ...we asked a geezer very close to Windows 2000...
|
| "I've no idea," he replied. "I don't deal with toy operating systems."
`----

*LOL*

> http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/02/27/windows-vista-im-breaking-up-with-you/
> http://members.forbes.com/global/2007/0312/038a.html

At least they are gentle (because they must be polite). Unlike *this* man:

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=FVbf9tOGwno

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
Tasks: 145 total,   1 running, 140 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie