COLA Stats: Saturday the 2nd of June, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 2nd of June, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 07:50:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The [H]omer award for COLA Advocate of the Week:

Nerdwizard <nerdwizard@xxxxxxxxxx>
(On what truly motivates Microsoft to enter the Third World Market)

.----
| Poor people and poor nations are grabbing their chance to become
| technologically competitive, as this is their one opportunity to
| become self reliant, in a new trading market on the Internet.
|
| Linux lowered the entry fee so they can join in.  Microsoft profits
| naught, but is drooling to go there, angry at the loss of the
| opportunity to further it's "protection Racket" cartel in concert
| with the many 'Trusted Partners" who all prosper from the "114,000
| Microsoft Virus and Malware Definitions".
`----

ngstats.pl version 1.22

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 2002 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     408  799974    13%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  114   91840    54%
   3. DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                         109  120665    63%
   4. flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>                          103   93814    58%
   5. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            84  101598    28%
   6. Tim 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                  81   61903    40%
   7. John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                   72   39535    51%
   8. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   67  147715    41%
   9. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    60   27320    65%
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                   60  118651    58%
  11. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  53   74518    21%
  12. AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                        50   67012    55%
  13. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               44  110411    69%
  14. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       43   63790    67%
  15. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      40   57570    66%
  16. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        35   27722    49%
      amicus_curious - TROLL                            35   62328    52%
  18. Larry 'Msg-ID Larry' Qualig - Vile MS Shill       34   75034    59%
  19. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   26   23584    25%
  20. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 24  785188     1%
  21. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              23   39972    78%
  22. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    19   41912    38%
  23. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              18   10009    60%
      OK - MS Apologist and Liar                        18   26881    75%
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         18   18142     8%
  26. Geico Caveman <spammers-go-here@xxxxxxxxxxxx>     14   11382    39%
  27. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>             12   14142    53%
      Nerdwizard <nerdwizard@xxxxxxxxxx>                12   22889    44%
  29. linux-sux - WinTard TROLL                         10    4537     0%
      Jeff_Relf - .Net k00k                             10    8546     0%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Wal-Mart to begin selling Dell PCs                       59   68715
      [News] [Rival] Steve Ballmer: Some Things Should O       59   59635
   3. My "Tipping Point"                                       50   55154
      [News] [OSS] OOXML (Monopoly Enabler) Faces Very S       50  162619
   5. Roy Culley = Robert Parsonage = Arsehole nymshifti       48   48562
   6. Something new for Linux/OSS morons to criticize, t       42   39200
   7. Is There Any Point Arguing Any More?                     36   32853
   8. [News] [Roy Lying Again] Tux500 (Linux at the Indy       34   86139
   9. Execs get bitten by Redmond crapware                     27   23265
  10. MS suppressed report ..                                  23   25050
  11. Dell's New Linux Website                                 22   22061
      Running PCLOS w/Beryl                                    22   24705
  13. [News] [Linux] Suspend to RAM and Disk in Linux Di       21   19564
      One more month and Vista is the #2 OS on the plane       21   23496
      Vista and MS must lose now                               21   33327
  16. More Evidence Robert Parsonage = Roy Culley              20   47041
  17. Microsoft For Sale?                                      18   18050
  18. Sometimes Linux Amazes Me                                17   23599
  19. XBASIC is new Basic for Linux                            16   31211
      Microsoft Office Annoyances                              16   43521
  21. [News] [Linux] Buying GNU/Linux PC DOES Save Money       15   13600
      PCLinuxOS coolness                                       15   11888
      Open Source Sucks (Linux sucks)                          15   10007
      Does COLA Mirror Digg.com ? ? ? ?                        15   11859
  25. PCLinuxOS A Real Stinker.                                14   22171
  26. Novell reports:  Linux up 83%                            13    6104
      [Old]The **Suppressed** Bloor Report - MS Pukes *Y       13   17730
      Munich's KDE Desktops Usability Certified                13   17002
  29. [News] [Linux] Linus Torvalds Says Solaris is C**p       12   11314
      [Rival] Steve Ballmer: Some Things Should Only Wor       12   12302
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    130
   2. Ewik FUDenbusch                                                  78
   3. DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                                         76
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  73
   5. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           65
   6. John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  49
   7. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         38
   8. flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>                                          37
   9. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   36
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 36
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      36
  12. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     34
  13. AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                       32
  14. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              31
  15. Tim 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                                 30
  16. OK - MS Apologist and Liar                                       26
  17. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        23
      amicus_curious - TROLL                                           23
  19. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        20
  20. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   19
  21. Nerdwizard <nerdwizard@xxxxxxxxxx>                               17
  22. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             14
  23. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            13
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       13
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                13
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             13
  27. Geico Caveman <spammers-go-here@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                    12
      linux-sux - WinTard TROLL                                        12
  29. Jeff_Relf - .Net k00k                                            10
  30. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              9
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              44  39
   2. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                             25  47
   3. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                          23  52
   4. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     15  22
      AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                   15  30
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 13  33
      John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                              13  18
   8. Tim 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                             10  12
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               10  17
  10. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   8  19
  11. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    7  20
  12. bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             5 100
      DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                                      5   5
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     5  28
  15. Peter Kai Jensen <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               4  80
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                          4  22
      Dean G. <dguttadauro@xxxxxxxx>                                4  44
  18. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        3  60
      Geico Caveman <spammers-go-here@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                 3  21
      BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                3  16
      OK - MS Apologist and Liar                                    3  17
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     3  12
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                               3  38
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                               3   5
  25. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                         2  17
      Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           2  67
      dApUnkA <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              2  22
      owl <owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     2  50
      cc - Shifty MS Apologist                                      2  25
      John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                       2  22
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    141
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                77
      Nerdwizard <nerdwizard@xxxxxxxxxx>                               77
   4. flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>                                          76
   5. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           72
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        72
   7. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            66
   8.  nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       63
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        63
  10. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             62
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             59
  12. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       58
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         58
  14. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   57
  15. Geico Caveman <spammers-go-here@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                    55
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   55
  17. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  52
  18. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              51
      Navid Shakibapour <navid.shakibapour@xxxxxxxxx>                  51
  20. Greg Cox <gregc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        50
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             50
      AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                       50
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 50
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      50
  25. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     43
      Manny <manny@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                        43
  27. dApUnkA <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 40
      John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          40
  29. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              35
  30. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  32
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. flatfish - Mental-Ward Escapee                                   10
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           597
   2. slrn                                                            327
   3. G2/1.0                                                          202
   4. Microsoft Outlook Express                                       158
   5. Mozilla                                                         150
   6. Pan                                                             111
   7. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067                                   103
   8. tin                                                              76
   9. Forte Agent                                                      70
  10. MT-NewsWatcher/3.5.1 (Intel Mac OS X)                            68
  11. 40tude_Dialog                                                    60
  12. Thunderbird                                                      27
  13. pan 0.120 (Plate of Shrimp)                                      15
  14. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2061                                     8
  15. Sylpheed                                                          4
  16. Unison/1.7.9                                                      3
  17. Claws Mail 2.8.1 (GTK+ 2.10.11; i486-pc-linux-gnu)                2
      Xnews                                                             2
      knews                                                             2
  20. VSoup v1.2.9.48Beta [OS/2]                                        1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Microhard Lookout                                                 1
      Yo Ding Dong Man, Ding Dong, Ding Dong Yo                         1
[1]: Posts via mail to news gateways are dropped by this server
     and hence not included in the stats.
     Other attention seeking posters may not appear as well.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

,----
| Vista | 3D Desktop | Cheap : Choose two.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 07:49:13 up 46 days,  5:21,  2 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.43, 0.70