Re: Linux has finally arrived.

__/ [ Linonut ] on Saturday 02 June 2007 04:25 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, ray belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:11:25 +0100, Stephen Fairchild wrote:
>>
>>> A few months ago I posited that Linux would not, for me, be mainstream
>>> until supermarkets carried Linux magazines. Well, Linux is finally here
>>> in the form of Linux Format at my local Tesco supermarket. A lone
>>> magazine sat on the shelf so I snapped it up since I hadn't read an issue
>>> in years and just in case no one else bought it (fat chance, I guess).
>>
>> Our Fred Meyer has been carrying Linux Pro for several months.
>
> It will be mainstream when Office Depot offers machines with Linux on
> them.

We're getting there.

Office Depot to Sell Xandros Software

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=239371&tsource=3

> Apple isn't mainstream yet.

Maintream isn't Apple yet. It's like a cult, rather than a pursuit for one's
digital rights and freedom. Just look at all these 'unboxing videos'. It's
like a ritual.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: 85% of plant life in in the oceans
Mem:    514480k total,   485304k used,    29176k free,     4560k buffers