Re: [News] [Linux] Supercomputer Center Chooses Linux; Linux PBX Deployed in More Places

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Saturday 02 June 2007 02:09 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Supercomputer Center Gets Super Storage Needs Met
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | SDSC hosts a 4.4 teraflop IA 64 Linux cluster, 1.4 petabytes of
>> | online disk storage with more than 25 petabytes of archival
>> | storage, 220 terabytes of General Parallel File System mounted
>> | across the TeraGrid, and is connected to other national TeraGrid
>> | partners by a 20 Gbps cross-country backbone.
>> `----
>
> Now... that's a WOW factor!

What do you do with your clusters, I wonder... unless you run some
datacentres...? I used to be using clusters to run experiments and they can
be as valuable as a single machine which is as capable as a distributed set.
Linux enables a lot of function.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Swap:  1036184k total,   770092k used,   266092k free,    35036k cached