[News] [Linux] Supercomputer Center Chooses Linux; Linux PBX Deployed in More Places

Supercomputer Center Gets Super Storage Needs Met

,----[ Quote ]
| SDSC hosts a 4.4 teraflop IA 64 Linux cluster, 1.4 petabytes of
| online disk storage with more than 25 petabytes of archival
| storage, 220 terabytes of General Parallel File System mounted
| across the TeraGrid, and is connected to other national TeraGrid
| partners by a 20 Gbps cross-country backbone.
`----

http://www.enterpriseitplanet.com/storage/news/article.php/3680566

Aspect Software Successfully Deploys Asterisk and Aspect Unified IP at
Corporate Headquarters

,----[ Quote ]
| Aspect Software is also planning on expanding the deployment of
| Asterisk Business Edition to other offices in the near future.
`----

http://www.crm2day.com/news/crm/122511.php

Related:

Asterisk Fuels Speech Technologies

,----[ Quote ]
| It should be noted that Sphinx is an open-source speech recognition
| engine but as the execs at LumenVox tell me, they took Sphinx and
| added 30-35 years of development to make it commercial grade and
| easier to program with.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/development-tools/articles/6826-asterisk-fuels-speech-technologies.htm

Digium preps Asterisk Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| "We developed our own GUI [which is] similar to Trixbox [distribution],
| but the purpose of AsteriskNow is to provide a distribution built
| around Asterisk technology so people can use it without the GUI," he
| said. "The GUI is the same as the Asterisk Appliance that looks
| like a Linksys router that runs Asterisk and has analogue ports."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1047335524;fp;2;fpid;1

Top 500 Supercomputer Sites - November 2006

,----[ Some stats ]
`----

http://top500.org/lists/2006/11