Re: [News] [Linux] PCLOS 2007 Claimed to Be Easier Than Ubuntu Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> PCLinuxOS 2007
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I'd dare to say that PCLinuxOS is more user friendly than Ubuntu and
> | would make a better transition distro for a Microsoft user, well once
> | they sort the partitioner out anyway!

I dare say it requires a little more polish.
It won't run properly under Qemu which is mostly
rectified by addding -m 512, and installing it under Qemu
onto a virtual disk and getting it to boot is no joy.
Ubuntu plain works.

I wonder what kind of testing PCOSLinux developers do?
Its not too much to ask they test it under Qemu
so that at least in the modern context everyone can
evaluate it without having to sacrifice an
entire machine for it.