Re: [OSS] Microsoft Puppet Analyst Sees Significant FOSS Growth

nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On May 31, 3:07 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Worldwide Revenue from Standalone Open Source Software Will Grow 26% to
>> Reach $5.8 Billion by 2011, IDC Research Indicates
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The market for standalone open source software (OSS) is in a
>> | significant growth stage, a new study from IDC reveals.
>> `----
>
> Well they're lowballing it, if they say there will only be 26% growth
> in 4 years, that's like 6% a year.  I'll wager it will be a lot more
> than that.

They are also distorting the nature of truths by selecting
a narrow field in which Micoshaft Corporation has
a presence.

Open source in EU alone is 30-40 billions and as
big as Micoshaft Corporation. So there is no way
Micoshaft can claim to represent the entire software
markets or could ever hope to speak on behalf of its interests.
The IDC$ report is worthless shite toilet paper
as has happened repeatedly before before
because it doesn't address the software market
while it pretends it does.

So you notice 5.8 billion scopes the arguments down
to some dumb event that will happen in 2011 when in fact
Micoshaft corporation has already lost most
of the market share for open source way long time past.