[News] [Linux] Dell Pressured to Bring Linux to the Rest of the World

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Dell Pressured to Bring Linux to the Rest of the World
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 01:54:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Pressure mounts on Dell over Linux PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell's EMEA director of client marketing, Eric Greffier, said in May that
| Dell would offer the rest of the world Linux PCs some way behind the US due
| to driver certification issues and the logistical difficulties posed by
| translating support documentation.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/0,1000000091,39287605,00.htm

Recent:

Interest in Linux Outside the United States

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/06/12/17254.aspx

| McKeon said obviously Dell Australia would be watching what happens
| in the US, and the local office is keen to make Linux machines available.
|
| "It's something we'd definitely like to do ... we have a sizeable
| Linux community in Australia particularly in Canberra and Adelaide."
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/hardware/soa/Dell-release-Linux-on-PCs-only-in-US/0,130061702,339277928,00.htm

Dell explains Linux delays [in the UK]

,----[ Quote ]