Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft "Bullies", Prepares for a World Dominated by Linux

____/ John Locke on Monday 18 June 2007 16:48 : \____

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:56:45 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Is Microsoft preparing for the end of Windows and dominance of Linux?
>>
> Absolutely. They're trying to gain control of the commercial Linux
> companies through patent protection schemes.
>
> When they make these shady deals though, they're alienating a lot
> of customers who want nothing to do with a Microsoft tainted
> company.

All we need are a few 'clean' companies, which are permitted to have
everything that everyone else has (thanks to GPLv3). Ubuntu and Red Hat are
safe havens. It's still a shame that companies like Novell now works on
OOXMl 'trasnlators' (haha, good luck with that) rather than bring more
useful stuff like Compiz. Their lost userbase will fill vancant spots
elsewhere and the developers will find new homes. Just look at Samba
(Allison at Google and others at Red Hat).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Viruses to Linux are like cancer to a shark
roy      pts/0        cg001a.halls.man Mon Jun 18 17:12   still logged in