Re: OT - Physical Hard-drive Errors

[H]omer wrote:

>> I'll buy a new hard-drive tomorrow.
>
> Buy two, then raid1 from  hot swap bays. No more down time.

Na... I just got a new one for 20 quid at Micro Direct. 40 gigs...

>> Haven't decided which distro yet.
>
> Well Fedora, obviously :)

That was my plan, but they only had Fedora 6 lying around and it was 64-bit,
which my box ain't.

>> I have progressive backups, so no data (well, *probably* none) was
>> lost. Just time...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  RHAT GNU/Linux   �     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  3:00pm  up   6:56,  7 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.11, 0.28