Re: [News] Images: Windows ATM Goes Titsup, Absurd/Self-contradictory Error Messages in Windows

Dr. Pain <ItHurtsSoGood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Peter Hayes" <notinuse2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> >> What's amazing is that anyone would be foolish enough to put windows
> >> into such a critical position.  How long before machines start spewing
> >> out cash randomly, or deducting more than was withdrawn?  The person who
> >> did this should be fired.
> >
> > A local "Link" ATM machine was "out of order". It was endlessly booting
> > NT4. This was about a year ago.
>
> Well if they're so borked and insecure then I'd expect toner-monkeys like
> you and hackers to have emptied every bank account and ATM on the planet.
> But that hasn't happened has it dumbkopf?

I'm sorry, but I don't see the connection between an ATM endlessly
rebooting NT4 and your diatribe of uncalled for ad hominems.

Obviously someone back at Head Office (or wherever) was trying to fix a
problem with this ATM. The real question is whether these machines
actually run Windows or use a proprietery OS and Windows merely runs the
UI. I would hope the latter.

--

Immunity is better than innoculation.

Peter