Re: [News] [Linux] Request for Dell to Provide Cheap Blank Boxes

DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> It even opposes Linux preinstalls for the same reason. The nerve.
>
> Haven't heard that particular lie before.  Good one.

Actually, this one is sort of true (or at least used to be).  A while
back, MS sent letters to various VARs and OEMs warning them that
computers purchased with Linux were being purchased just so pirated
Windows could be installed on them.  They were urged to ship only
Windows systems because of this.  Its difficult to find references
for this nowdays, so I don't think they are beating that particular
drum anymore (who would take it seriously anyway), but I remember
reading a copy of the letter.

Thad