Re: In case Microsoft DOES sue...

"Robt. Miller" <robtmil.killspam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:slrnf8ahvr.oq6.robtmil.killspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 2007-06-29, John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:46:45 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>><newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>____/ Anonymous on Friday 29 June 2007 10:55 : \____

>>>Microsoft will not sue. It will only pretend that it might,
>>
>> Same old story. They don't need to sue. They're sitting on a pile
>> of money. None can afford to engage in litigation with Microsoft.
>
> I'll bet IBM could afford it, if they had to.

In which case it would be the unstoppable force vs. the immovable object.
Only the lawyers win.

IBM would not do such a thing. IBM owns more patents than Microsoft and if
patents were abolished/overhauled then IBM stands to lose more. Don't fool
yourself because it IS about the money. IBM is a business not a good will
organization. They will always do what's in the best financial interest of
IBM and this means keeping the patent system in its current state.