Re: [News] New ATI Drivers Released, Still Getting Just Mockery

  • Subject: Re: [News] New ATI Drivers Released, Still Getting Just Mockery
  • From: Rob Hughes <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:34:14 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Choose NVIDIA.

After experiencing what passes for support from nvidia, I'll never buy
anything that uses any of their chips again. I was actually told by one of
their reps (netllama) that they "test" various systems, but can't tell
anyone what those systems are in response to a question about what systems
had actually been tested when none of my "supported" configurations would
actually run without locking up solid. So screw nvidia. I'm waiting on
Intel to release their part. I don't even care if it's not as good as
nvidia. At least they'll most likely release an open source driver for it,
as well.

--
"This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is
not God who kills the children. Not Fate that butchers them or Destiny