[News] [Rival] Microsoft Snubs OIN

Microsoft Gives OIN the Cold Shoulder

,----[ Quote ]
| “We are always evaluating licensing opportunities but don’t have
| anything specific to say about OIN. However, we remain committed to
| building bridges within the industry,” he said.
|
| That response is a little more vague than that from a Microsoft
| spokesperson who told eWEEK previously that “while Microsoft
| actively participates in a wide variety of industry organizations,
| the company has no plans to join the OIN at this stage.”

Just to emphasise something again, the Reuters article probably involved
Microsoft sitting with Jim Finkle and trying to create something deceiving out
of very old news. It's possible that Red Hat, which has already declined /any/
IP deals on many occasions, just could not be reached for comment, so Jim
Finkle lied again. He is very unreliable. There's no news there. It's just
FUD. It's a case of media manipulation, which can conveniently be ignored.