Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Has BSOD/Restart Problems

____/ BearItAll on Thursday 28 June 2007 16:08 : \____

http://www.terinea.co.uk/blogs/terineatechtips/2007/06/27/trouble-shooting-the-blue-screen-of-death/
>> http://tinyurl.com/3x7fe3
>>
>> Proprietary code and drivers just don't work.
>>

>> Related:
>>
>> Would You put Your Life in Vista's Hands?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | While on a visit in Romania, where Bill Gates participated in the
>> | celebration of 10 years since the Microsoft branch has been running
>> | there, and the launch of Vista, declared that, with the right amount
>> | of administration, the new Vista could run life support systems in
>> | hospitals.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.techdo.com/would-you-put-your-life-in-windows-vistas-hands/
>>

> Safer to jump in the canal with bricks tied to your feet I should imagine.

Why would anyone tie a couple of dead XBoxes to one's feet?

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against MS For Bricked 360s

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Gamespot, the suit seeks a minimum of $10 million in
| damages, depending on how MS decides to defend itself.
`----

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/law/class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-ms-for-bricked-360s-220250.php

Numerous Reports, November 30 Xbox 360 Update Is Bricking Consoles

,----[ Quote ]
| Some consoles are being bricked by Thursday's dashboard update.
| Issues range from freezing, red ring of death and VGA adapterm
| alfunction. Microsoft isn't acknowledging the issue and billing
| $140 for repairs.
`----

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Numerous_Reports_November_30_Xbox_360_Update_Is_Bricking_Consoles

Update brick your 360? Speak up

,----[ Quote ]
| Since yesterday's update, there are numerous reports about 360s
| being bricked. Some people suspect that this is being done by
| Microsoft intentionally to stop modders and hackers. Xbox Scene
| thinks it has more to do with certain combinations of hardware
| and firmware.
`----

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/11/01/update-brick-your-360-speak-up/

Autoupdate killed my 360!

,----[ Quote ]
| I was fine yesterday gaming with the VGA cable but after getting
| the autoupdate today, I get a black screen. Does Microsoft test
| these things? My connection to the TV didn't change yet its
| screwed. Thanks for nothing Microsoft.
`----

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=489979

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows leaves me peckish
Swap:  1510068k total,   338196k used,  1171872k free,    43532k cached