Re: Microsoft Sued by Patent Troll Over Mouse Design

On Jun 28, 1:03 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> ____/ Rex Ballard on Thursday 28 June 2007 05:33 : \____
>
> > And of course, some of the great ideas listed in his patents, were
> > part of usenet discussions that had been taking place from the 1980s
> > to the early 1990s.  Unfortunately, Google's archive is incomplete for
> > postings prior to 1995.  Only about 5% of the postings to groups prior
> > to 1995  as actually archived.  I have a few tapes of almost 40,000
> > postings which Google has never archived.
>
> I think Deja News had a lot of interest in stored USENET content and Google
> might even pay you for these. If the content therein is valuable for
> preservation purposes, why not contribute it? Validity of the content can't be
> verified, but then again, something is better than nothing. Why let it rot?
> Given Google's treatment of copyrighted material (see the discussion in Brad
> Templeton's Web site), you could probably just upload this content yourself
> and get it indexed for the betterment of humanity.
>
> --
>                 ~~ Best of wishes
>
> Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...http://Schestowitz.com |  RHAT GNU/Linux   |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>  06:00:01 up 11 days, 11:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.10, 1.48, 1.80
>      http://iuron.com- help build a non-profit search engine

I have it on 6250 BPI tape, QIC-150 tape, and Exabyte 8MM tape.  I
don't have hardware to read any of these devices.  Anybody know of a
firm in New Jersey that can do Media Conversion?  I think I was quoted
$250 at one time.