Re: [Rival] Microsoft Sued by Patent Troll Over Mouse Design

____/ Rex Ballard on Thursday 28 June 2007 05:33 : \____

> And of course, some of the great ideas listed in his patents, were
> part of usenet discussions that had been taking place from the 1980s
> to the early 1990s.  Unfortunately, Google's archive is incomplete for
> postings prior to 1995.  Only about 5% of the postings to groups prior
> to 1995  as actually archived.  I have a few tapes of almost 40,000
> postings which Google has never archived.

I think Deja News had a lot of interest in stored USENET content and Google
might even pay you for these. If the content therein is valuable for
preservation purposes, why not contribute it? Validity of the content can't be
verified, but then again, something is better than nothing. Why let it rot?
Given Google's treatment of copyrighted material (see the discussion in Brad
Templeton's Web site), you could probably just upload this content yourself
and get it indexed for the betterment of humanity.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
 06:00:01 up 11 days, 11:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.10, 1.48, 1.80