Re: [News] Video: Ubuntu Linux Simplified to Secure Its Future on the Desktop

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> An open Linux future [Video]
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | IBM has supported Linux since the early days to give users more
> | choice, according to IT architect Hamid Khafagy.
> `----
>
> http://www.ameinfo.com/124832.html
>
> He talks about Ubuntu when the reporter (who obviously uses Windows)
> insists that Linux must be only for geeks. When will reporters that are
> not 'zombies' finally be hired?

We can look at that the other way round. You know I'm not a fan of jernos,
but still in a reflection of the ignorance of their readers, they have some
value. The questions I get tend to be still on the lines of 'what is Linux'
or 'can Linux do what windows does'.

Those around me are used to my lectures now because I've harped on about
Linux for years. The difference now is that they are starting to hear about
it from other places. On the news, in their favourite computer mags, and
even in non-computer mags. So the questions are more pointed and asked by
potential converts.

When Dell give Linux a prominent place in their advertising then that will
make a major change. We have all had battles with Dell at one time or
another, but they are still a respected name out there amongst general
users.

> Did Microsoft copy the Ubuntu Logo?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Did Microsoft copy the Ubuntu Logo? Take a look at this image and
> | judge for yourself, comments are welcome.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/jun/26/did_microsoft_copy_the_ubuntu_logo

It is very simmilar isn't it, I suppose an advertiser might say that the
sentiment of the logo is exactly matched.