[News] Video: Ubuntu Linux Simplified to Secure Its Future on the Desktop

  • Subject: [News] Video: Ubuntu Linux Simplified to Secure Its Future on the Desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:48:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
An open Linux future [Video]

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM has supported Linux since the early days to give users more
| choice, according to IT architect Hamid Khafagy.
`----

http://www.ameinfo.com/124832.html

He talks about Ubuntu when the reporter (who obviously uses Windows) insists
that Linux must be only for geeks. When will reporters that are not 'zombies'
finally be hired?

Ubuntu popularity rising

,----[ Quote ]
| We can see in the graph below the search volume for the term “ubuntu”.
| The increase was steady over the last two years.
`----

http://onestoryeveryday.com/ubuntu-popularity-rising.html

The following resemblance was mentioned before:

Did Microsoft copy the Ubuntu Logo?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/jun/26/did_microsoft_copy_the_ubuntu_logo