Re: [News] LinkedIn and Adobe Adopt the Open APIs Approach

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 27 June 2007 13:15 : \____

http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=22725&hed=LinkedIn+to+Open+Platform&sector=Industries&subsector=InternetAndServices

>>> Interesting... business networking could start to merge with general
>>> social networking.
>>>

>> Already linking troll comments here with your google search name, resume...
>> Could be scary for folks who seek employment, and the HR folks input a
>> name search... "Sorry, you are a bit confrontational and argumentive."
>
> Your point is well made, of course, but I think the world is, gradually,
> changing on this.  A number of companies have started to recruit
> programmers based on the work they do which is externally visible, which
> typically includes all the flamewars and so on.  That said, I suppose if
> you're going for a job which is essentially political in nature, then
> perhaps having any kind of history would be seen as bad.  Perhaps we
> should all stop employing liars?  :-)

Mark makes a good point because more people realise that search engines get
littered with names. Bear in mind that Facebook's founder, for example, got in
a lot of trouble for taking profiles of people at his university without their
consent and using them to expand his Web site, which require some 'meat' to
begin with.

The point to make here is that people's names get misused and nobody gets away.
When people with unique names realise this, they treat others as though they
are victim of the same phenomenon. They use a certain level of doubt and
tolerance. There have been many articles recently about teachers who were
abused online. Young students posted images, blogs, pofiles and videos tagged
or accompanies with a particular teacher's name.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you
Swap:  1510068k total,   343032k used,  1167036k free,    58512k cached