Re: [News] [Linux] Video Demo of a Soon-to-be-released Metadata Manager for Linux

____/ [H]omer on Monday 25 June 2007 12:18 : \____

>> Screencast Xmp Manager Experimental
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Here is last version of Xmp Manager (an exiftool GUI to read/write xmp
>> | metadata on files).
>> `----
>>
>> http://grigio.org/screencast_xmp_manager_experimental
>
> I'm looking forward to this.

I'm just worried that some data might be lost when moving from one DE/FS/OS to
another. Recall the fact that Vista 'demolished' a lot of metadata, which left
many users (early adopters) angry.

Windows Vista Destroys Photo Metadata

,----[ Quote ]
| A bit of bad news about Vista if you're a photographer. Apparently if you
| tag a photo's metadata in Vista, it destroys other important metadata
| used by image editing apps such as Photoshop.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/windows-vista-destroys-photo-metadata-235461.php

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=