Re: Yahoo 'Suspends' Linux or BSD users!

Darth Chaos wrote:
> On Jun 12, 12:39 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 12 June 2007 05:15 \__
>>
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that Nerdwizard spake thusly:
>>> You're not the first:
>>> http://slated.org/yahoo_censoring_open_source
>>> Once might be an error, but twice seems like policy.
>>> Post details and I'll blog it.
>> I remember posting this to COLA. It's good that you blogged it. I guess they
>> have taken the book burning approach.
>
> I just posted that article and Nerdwizard's post on my MySpace blog.

The objective of being on the Internet, or Yahoo Answers, or some of the
forums, it to answer questions, for users of any knowledge level.

Many tens of thousands of us want to see that noobs have a good
experience.  The attitude of some of the corporate giants is piss poor,
and they only want your money.

The backlash is huge!  Some of the resultant fallout, such as when some
of us quit answering Yahoo Answers after being suspended or our accounts
deleted, for our having recommended the correct technical steps that
rely upon Open source solutions, actually hurts new users.

That is an outcome we want to avoid, but that convicted felon Microsoft,
and uncaring Yahoo, don't care about.  Strange that they all seem to
turn on their customers!

But, that is the new commercial paradigm, to screw the customer!