Re: [News] [Linux] Chicago Sun-Times Introduces Readers to GNU/Linux

> Take Linux for a test drive -- it's free, after all
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I really want you folks to try the free (free free free) Linux OS at
> | some point in your life.
> |
> | It has become a very credible operating system, even for typical PC
> | users . . . though the whole concept is still alien and intimidating.
> `----
>
> http://www.suntimes.com/technology/ihnatko/437301,CST-FIN-Andy21.article#11653154616807537527

Your creative quoting left out these gem comments -

Take Linux for a test drive -- it's free, after all
Perfect for a 2nd PC, you can run it alongside Windows if you want

TRANSLATION - You still need windows as your primary computer.

1. Linux and its free software are a perfect choice for a "spare" computer,

TRANSLATION - It's good enough for that "spare" computer but not good enough
for actual everyday use.

6. The biggest stumbling block you'll encounter with Linux is getting it to
recognize all of your PC's hardware. I mean you might have no WiFi. And your
gorgeous 1600x1200 screen is downgraded to 800x600 resolution.

TRANSLATION - The big lie about lienux having superior hardware support is
just that, a big lie. Then again, most lienux users are a bunch of whining
liars so what do you expect.