Re: [News] Windows Live Virus

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Thursday 08 March 2007 16:02 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Virus Spreading Through Windows Live Messenger
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | There have been numerous reports of a virus being spread through Windows
>> | Live Messenger.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.allsortgroup.com/blog/news/17/
>>

>> Joke:
>>
>> http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/03/vistalater.jpg
>
> Is anyone surprised by this? Surely not. We all know that MS have built in
> doors all over the place, slip em a bung and they'll let you in. Give a
> hacker time and he'll let himself in.

That is precisely what people said when WGA and activation (read: deactions)
were introduced. These are not just about invasion, but about physical
access and even serious sabotage. If you give your O/S a pair of wing, it
might fly one day (or grabbed by gale-force wind). But it's a pig, so it'll
fo better in the latter case.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
Cpu(s):  30.9% user,   3.5% system,   0.7% nice,  65.0% idle