Re: [News] Preston Gralla Thinks Windows Live is Dead

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 08 March 2007 16:33 \__

http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/2007/03/is_the_microsoft_live_brand_do.html

> Not before time, too.  The problem with Microsoft trying to out-google
> google is that, well, they're Microsoft.

And Google could become the next Microsoft. Don't get me wrong, I mean,
Google even called me last night, but I just think that their retention
policies, endless acquisitions, financial funny business and affairs with
politicians are beginning to stretch the limits. Now there's a lot of
YouTube stuff in the news... blocked in Turkey... Mark Cuban
(attention-seeking billionaire) calling companies to request Google log data
to expose people who upload videos illegally... be ready for some mess in
years to come. That's why I don't trust Novell, Red Hat (AKA we're the
Microsoft of Linux), IBM (we own e-shopping), Oracle (because the GPL is
just a paper, who needs GPL spirit) and some other companies. I trust Linux
and Free software (not the "open source" slant). I can trust Debian... not
the Linux Foundation/OSDL even, because it's industry baqcked, for
industry...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific
  5:20pm  up   1:27,  4 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.27, 0.34