Re: [News] Even Wintel Doesn't Want Windows Vista, Yet

__/ [ flyer ] on Wednesday 07 March 2007 08:44 \__

> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:43:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Intel won't upgrade to Vista until SP1
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| For corporations, Otellini said Vista upgrades will be slow. "I know
>>| of no organization doing an upgrade before SP1," said Otellini.
>>| "Intel isn't upgrading either."
>>`----
>>
>>http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=4597
>>
>>The WOW Starts Now. Just not on your iBook
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| The funny thing about marketing Vista with a stock photo of a MacBook
>>| is that these days the Mac could actually be running Vista. Too bad
>>| that's an iBook.
>>`----
>>
>>http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/05/the-wow-starts-now-just-not-on-your-ibook/
>>
>>Microsoft and Intel are already trying to stop OLPC with their own
>>expensive and insecure toy. They have been mocking the Linux/AMD laptop for
>>a while, until it was too late, so they united to fight the threat, if not
>>attempt to join it.
>>
>>A comparison of OLPC's XO laptop and Intel's Classmate PC
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| On the other hand, OLPC's XO laptop is very functional despite its
>>| hardware limitations and can probably provide all that students and
>>| teachers in target countries need for only $140.
>>`----
>>
>>http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070305-acomparison-of-olpcs-xo-laptop-and-intels-classmate-pc.html
>
> Interesting how MS steps in AFTER somone has a great idea. Their only
> innovation is their interesting pattern of non-innovation.

They have just had their research 'summit' at Redmond, which invited
Microsoft staff from all across the world, I think. Needless to say, nothing
exciting was presented. All the 'innovation' at Microsoft comes through
hostile acquisitions.

On the issue of Intel, rest assured... Microsoft will find some way of
getting them to adopt Windows... they won't let a poster child and partner
go away so easily... if Intel rejects it, everyone will. It's worse than the
DOD, DOT and FAA ban.

I happened to have found this funny (yes, it's humour) little item on Intel's
attempts to hide it's corrupt history...

Humour: Lost Intel emails found

,----[ Quote ]
| The estimable WSJ reports that Intel has 'misplaced' certain
| internal emails that may or may not be germane to AMD's latest law suit.

Since my sister's b/f works at Intel, I tried never to bring them into this.
But they are pulling all the same dirty tricks that Microsoft thrived in. It
just gets fewer people's attention.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
Cpu(s):  21.8% user,   2.9% system,   0.8% nice,  74.4% idle