Re: [News] Microsoft Fuels Anti-Google Sentiments

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 06 March 2007 10:36 \__

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>>> Microsoft attacks Google on copyright
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>>> Related:
>>>
>>> MSN Still Going Nowhere Fast
>>
>> I'd say it's *very* "related". If MS censors clips of commercial
>> material from their service, they'll be removing one of the primary
>> motivations people have for using it. Likewise with GooTube.
>>
>> Like it or not, this is what the people want. Maybe the R.I. and M.P.
>> Ass'es of America ought to just calm down and stop being such a bunch
>> of greedy bastards, after all it's only very poor quality short clips,
>> it's not like it's HD standard verbatim copies. Frankly, these clips
>> only serve as free promotion for their commercial material, so they
>> should quit bitching about it, and be happy.
>>

> Indeed... in fact, the BBC has recently signed up with Google to make
> available some selection of its wares on Youtube, presumably clips and
> so on, with redirects to www.bbc.co.uk and a share of advertising
> revenue.  Presumably Microsoft are in some kind of panic now...  Vista
> hasn't caught the imagination, there was more oww than wow, and their
> online services have not been successful.  Google have got the baton at
> the moment, like it or not.
>
> Personally, I think that the mainstream recording industry is in the
> process of committing suicide, but in doing so, providing a fantastic
> opportunity for a new generation of musicians to make music without the
> middle man, rather than lip-syncing in videos with a middle man.

The BBC has also just made a deal with IBM. I wonder if the loud outcry of a
strong minority (Mac users included) had them point the finger at Microsoft
(DRM fiasco).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Welcome to standards-compliant Web browsing. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/
  1:20pm  up 42 days 13:38,  7 users,  load average: 0.80, 0.98, 1.10