Re: [News] The Myth: Microsoft Brings Job to American People

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> [I'm having second thoughts about this because it's a tad racist, but it's
> new]
>
> "Dear Microsoft": An open letter to Microsoft regarding the outsourcing of
> jobs.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Don't get it twisted: I don't have a problem with you outsourcing
> | jobs to people that will work for next-to-nothing. It's just
> | getting a bit out of hand, don't you think? I mean, there's no
> | point trying to fool me.
> `----
>
> http://www.lastnameball.com/RantsandTirades/Pages/DearMicrosoft.html

I have had the language problems with India too, but in more recent BT calls
I would say things have improved a great deal. Much more friendly because
they are much more confident in their ability to help. As for knowledge you
get more of them who are able to bypass the crib sheet on the screen and
get you to the right place much more quickly, these people are dealing with
thousands of simmilar calls, so of cause they are going to learn the clues
that can get you more quickly to the most likely answer.

Sometimes, for the sake of getting you going more quickly, they will take
you straight to, for example, BT's own login for the router, I suspect that
giving that password away is meant to be the last resort, but as it is
likely the most direct route to fix 90% of the problems, I would say they
are building a good reputation for solving customers problems quickly.

It isn't actually right either to say that these are low paid jobs. In India
it is a high paid job. India has entrpreneurs too Mr Ball, you are not
dealing with a backward country who squat around open fires at night
huddling together to keep warm or wipe their arses with donkey hoofs. You
are talking about a developed country, they have TV, cars, roads,
hospitals, schools in fact they have everything you have, except arrogance,
though I suspect that some have that too, because they have as much right
to be arrogant bastards as any other person.

They aren't stupid, they pitch the cost of their services far below what the
west could manage, they make themselves attractive to business.

The employees are on good pay for their region, have a good standard of
living. They will do all that they can to keep the momentum of this sort of
job going. These people do study the language and the systems that they
support, everyone knows that crib sheets have a limited value, those that
do this work are not necessarily any less professional about it than you
with your job.

Americans generally have this strange idea that anything outside America is
some how closer to neanderthal, while in America you are the peak of social
and intellectual development, that we in europe are the poor neighbours or
those in Asia all ride camels and play board games will goat poo. Well,
sorry if this comes as a culture shock, but life outside America isn't like
that at all and I really don't think we would want to be like America, a
nation that takes a sordid pride in the criminal society (mafia), a nation
that prides itself on the gun toting police force whilst other forces only
have a stick to bash criminals with. I don't suppose you would understand
this Mr Ball, but the fact that the police can on most occasions carry Less
weapons means that they are doing a better job. Do a better job and it is
Less necessary to shoot people, or even use a gun as a threat, you can
catch them and bring them to trial instead.

Ok, I admit, the India call centres had a deserved bad press for a time, but
I will not stand by and let some arrogant twatt talk about them as if they
were uneducated barbarians for no other reason, as far as can be seen from
the letter, than they are not American.