Re: Apple Store coming to München?

  • Subject: Re: Apple Store coming to München?
  • From: none <a@xxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 20:31:55 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In article <1200738.2XC4IMkkTl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

> > First German Apple Store in München?  good news if so!
> >
> > http://www.wiwo.de/pswiwo/fn/ww2/sfn/buildww/id/126/id/251454/fm/0/SH/0/d
> > epot/0/
> >
> > in english:
> >
> > http://snipurl.com/1c5cp
>
> First one in Germany? That's suprising. There's at least one in Zurich (next
> the rail station), so why not in a country as large as Germany? In any
> event, Munich is gradually becoming Microsoft independent.
>
> http://www.pressebox.com/pressemeldungen/open-source-factory-gmbh/boxid-88461.
> html

No, there are none yet outside of Great Britain which has nine.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/

Yes, Japan has several and Canada a few, but the München store could be
the first one in continental Europe. Sure, there are 100's of Apple
resellers in Europe, but no "Apple Store", which is a huge difference.

> LiMux The Penguin: Deep into Munich?s Linux F/OSS migration
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Munich's Linux migration has been a publicity frenzy, a
> | software patent poster child, and the subject of a debate
> | on the role of government in technology mandates. Now it's
> | a real-life IT project, and the key to success is training,
> | management, and replacing 170 non-Linux applications.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Now, after enormous criticism and a nearly complete halt,
> | it's becoming a successful migration if for very important
> | reasons: it's going well, quietly, and on plan.
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2006/110606-munich-linux.html
>
> I don't think that any /home/ users are looking forward to getting Vista
> installed, so as platform agnostic people say, people have begun weighing
> whether they are heading for Apple or for Free software. These are the two
> main paths in this crossroad.

Yes, Vista has been a huge flop here, it's caused MSFT stock to really
drop, look at the 3 month chart. note: vista began shipping Jan 30 :)

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MSFT&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=