Re: Apple Store coming to München?

__/ [ none ] on Monday 05 March 2007 23:51 \__

> First German Apple Store in München?  good news if so!
>
> http://www.wiwo.de/pswiwo/fn/ww2/sfn/buildww/id/126/id/251454/fm/0/SH/0/d
> epot/0/
>
> in english:
>
> http://snipurl.com/1c5cp

First one in Germany? That's suprising. There's at least one in Zurich (next
the rail station), so why not in a country as large as Germany? In any
event, Munich is gradually becoming Microsoft independent.

http://www.pressebox.com/pressemeldungen/open-source-factory-gmbh/boxid-88461.html

LiMux The Penguin: Deep into Munich?s Linux F/OSS migration

,----[ Quote ]
| Munich's Linux migration has been a publicity frenzy, a
| software patent poster child, and the subject of a debate
| on the role of government in technology mandates. Now it's
| a real-life IT project, and the key to success is training,
| management, and replacing 170 non-Linux applications.
|
| [...]
|
| Now, after enormous criticism and a nearly complete halt,
| it's becoming a successful migration if for very important
| reasons: it's going well, quietly, and on plan.

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2006/110606-munich-linux.html

I don't think that any /home/ users are looking forward to getting Vista
installed, so as platform agnostic people say, people have begun weighing
whether they are heading for Apple or for Free software. These are the two
main paths in this crossroad.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
  1:00am  up 42 days  1:18,  7 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.32, 0.53