Re: [News] VMware Improves, But Faces Microsoft's Dirty Tricks Ahead

After takin' a swig o' grog, The Ghost In The Machine belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, John Locke
> <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Mon, 05 Mar 2007 09:47:27 -0800
> <m5lou2lghhvr55o8gfb1fli9okha39359v@xxxxxxx>:
>>>When quizzed on Microsoft's plans, Mr. Ballmer replied, "Our view is
>>>that virtualization is something that should be built into the
>>>operating system."
>>
>> You have  got to be kidding...the board of directors need to reel this
>> guys chain in a few notches. The last time I checked, Microsoft was
>> still a public company. Every time Balmer opens his mouth, I can feel
>> my stock shares sliding downhill.
>
> Virtualization is built into *all* operating systems
> anyway, except perhaps for the real real primitive ones
> of a bygone era, such as DOS. ;-)  (And even then, DOS
> addons such as EMM386 played some very interesting games
> underneath DOS's nose.)
>
> A quick primer:

Ballmer means that everyone should run their solutions, products, and
services only on the Windows platform.

--
   Yeah, I've heard of "decaf." What's your point?