Re: [News] The Role of the Desktop is Decreasing (and the Big Chance for Linux)

They were too poor (didn't have right job) to play with mainframes. So poor little deprived people have to use Unix.

Personal computing, once the domain of Dos and Win 3.x, is dead - or has it just migrated to the personal computers called mobile phones - as far as I know Unix and free clones are used in no mobile phones.
"Kevin Wilcox" <fergus1909@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:esi9r0$g2h$1@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:55:30 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

After the Desktop -- What?

,----[ Quote ]
| I would suggest that the open source community should stop obsessing
| with the battle for the desktop, and start focusing on the battle for
| the platform that will replace it. As I have said before, the day
| will soon come when the notion of having to go to a particular
| machine on a particular room every time you need access to
| information or computer power will be as obsolete as the notion
| of having to go to the hand pump over the well in the front
| yard every time you need water.
`----

http://trevors-trinkets.blogspot.com/2007/02/after-desktop-what.html

Now that's funny!

You Linux loonies can't make a dent in Microsoft's desktop market so now
you are regrouping and claiming the desktop is dead.

You guys would have been in real tight circa 1939 with Goebbels and his
propaganda machine trying to re-write history and mold the future.

This stuff is so funny ya' just can't make it up!

BTW you had better inform the 90+ percent of people who are using Windows
as their desktop system that the desktop is dead and Linux is going to
take over.

ROTLMAO!