Re: [News] New Version of DOSBox Brings DOS Games to GNU/Linux

flyer wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:06:17 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>DOSBox 0.70 (Released)
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| Another year and another dosbox version, again more
>>| speedups and compatibility fixes.
>>`----
>>
>>http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1#
>>

>>Related:
>>
>>Playing Classic Games Under Ubuntu
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| Now if you still want to relive your old days and play these classics
>>| whether they belong to NES, SNES, or plain old DOS games Ubuntu
>>| provides a way of playing these classic on your Linux box.
>>`----
>>
>>http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2007/03
playing-classic-games-under-ubuntu.html

>>Nice screenshots throughout.
>>
>>Why console apps still rock
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| The best part about these apps is that they are so lightweight
>>| and so low profile that you hardly need any processor overhead
>>| to run them. Back in September I had a 75Mhz Pentium machine
>>| (that's right, 75Mhz -- not 750Mhz) that could handle all those
>>| apps -- at the same time -- without any strain whatsoever. They
>>| don't eat processor time and don't need extra time to get done.
>>`----
>>
>>http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/03/01/why-console-apps-still-rock/
>
> Jeeeez, Linux solutions for everything coming down the mountain like
> an avalanche.

I'm struggling to keep up with even 1% since so much is free.
Adding cost barriers prevents you from checking things out,
but when the software is free, its a playground every day
and you can get so much more done every day.