Re: [News] Linux Migration Stories and the Road to KDE 4

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 16:22 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The Road to KDE 4: Dolphin and Konqueror
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | As some of you who monitor the KDE news sphere may have noticed,
>> | there has been a recent addition to the kdebase module. The Dolphin
>> | File Manager has been added to complement Konqueror's browsing
>> | capabilities. Read on for more information about this new FileM
>> | anager and its relationship to Konqueror and the rest of KDE.
>> `----
>>

> Dolphin is a puzzle to me. Why bother with a stripped down file manager
> when there's no demand for one?

Exactly my thoughts. I am happy with Konqy. When I said a few things about it
in Digg a KDE developer responded to defend their decision. They say that
Dolphin reuses a lot of libraries, so it shouldn't result in bloat.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
roy      pts/4                         Sat Mar  3 07:26 - 07:27  (00:00)