Re: [News] Gates Flirts with Feds

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 20:24 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Bill Gates to address Senate panel
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is scheduled to descend on Capitol Hill
>> | next week to pepper a U.S. Senate committee with his suggestions for
>> | boosting American competitiveness.
>

> Translation: I'm gonna get that Dept of Transportation Secretary fired.
>
> Suggestion: Bill Gates, move to Cambodia.

It's amazing, isn't it? Whenever a legislator of Fed takes a stand which
hurts Microsoft, the corporate power will be used in complex way (just
follow the money, as in SCO/Baystar) to achieve its goal and serve the
agenda. Didn't Peter Quinn and that pro-ODF guy (his successor) find
themselves forced/encouraged to leave? Mass. now has a Microsoft lobbyist in
place. Groklaw and the Standards Blog have got all of this documented.

Amazing!

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Mem:    514480k total,   482624k used,    31856k free,    11116k buffers