Re: Mint 2.2

__/ [ Kier ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 18:43 \__

> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 17:22:39 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ John Locke ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 16:54 \__
>
>>> Thanks for the review for Mint.  I've been looking at this distro
>>> also.  Looks pretty good.
>>
>> Think of it as complete Ubuntu Linux with some of the extra stuff that
>> everyone fetches anyway... just short of Ubuntu post Automatix, plus some
>> different colours for those who loathe brown/orange/bronze.
>
> I think you can say that it's a bit more than that, or becoming so.
> Though it doesn't differ wildly from Ubuntu in some ways, the devs are
> definitely trying to create added value of their own. I think they should
> get some credit for that (without taking anything way from Ubuntu, which
> of course provides an excellent base to start from).

MEPIS appears to add quite a lot... and customise... and enrich... which get
me curious. Of course, MEPIS doesn't do ShipIt, so there's a peril. People
choose shortcuts. They are lazy. They don't even read manuals.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Mem:    514480k total,   482624k used,    31856k free,    11116k buffers