Re: Boon for Novell

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 02 March 2007 17:26 \__

> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=4588
>
> ---
> Overall revenue declined 5 percent, but Novell's Linux business surged.
> In fact, most of the questions on Novell's earnings conference call
> revolved around the company's deal with Microsoft.
>
> "We're very encouraged by our Linux platform business which saw revenue
> growth of 46 percent and invoicing increase over 650 percent from the
> quarter a year ago," said Novell CFO Dana Russell.
>
> CEO Ron Hovsepian also talked up Microsoft.
>
> "Our results were positively impacted by our relationship with
> Microsoft, a partnership that is off to a strong start, where we are
> executing ahead of plan. Customer reaction to our collaboration
> agreement is robust as evidenced by our record Q1 results. On a
> year-over-year basis, we recognized Linux revenue growth of 46%, Linux
> invoicing grew by over 650%, and Linux activated deferred revenue was up
> almost 300%."
> ---

They depend on Microsoft now, just like Dell. It's a death knell. And they
also allowed a Trojan horse to spread damage that affects others.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
roy      pts/2                         Fri Mar  2 03:47   still logged in