[News] Wintel 'Pulls a Microsoft' with Biased Benchmarks?

AMD bemoans Intel's benchmark presentation

,----[ Quote ]
| "All I want is a level playing field where we are just talking the
| truth. I've never met a chief information officer that wonders
| what the nanometre [scale] in his processor is. They don't care,
| they don't want to care, " said Richard.

Speaking of fraud, maybe there's hope...

US watchdog charges 13 with insider trading

,----[ Quote ]
| Biggest crackdown on Wall Street since 1980s
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,2024987,00.html

See how Microsoft tweaked (not only sponsored) studies in order to discredit
GNU/Linux:

,----[ Quotes with annotation ]
| "(Microsoft manager:) I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on TCO on webservers. I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on availability (windows was down more than linux). And I don't like the
| fact that the reports says nothing new is coming with windows .net server."
|
| [...]
|
| "I don't like it to be public on the doc that we sponsored it because I
| don't think the outcome is as favorable as we had hoped. I just don't like
| competitors using it as ammo against us. It is easier if it doesn't mention
| that we sponsored it."
`----

http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/9000/PX09695.pdf

[There should be a live mirror of this document somewhere; Microsoft paid a
lot of to have this one removed from the public eye]