Re: [News] MP Criticises UK Government for Stifling Open Source Software

  • Subject: Re: [News] MP Criticises UK Government for Stifling Open Source Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:40:21 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 01 March 2007 07:17 \__

>> UK government ignores open-source potential
>>
>> ,----[ Summary ]
>> | John Pugh MP argues that a bias against open-source within Whitehall
>> | has lead to schools and universities becoming too focused on
>> | proprietary technology
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.computing.co.uk/itweek/news/2184306/uk-government-ignores-open
>
> But wasn't "the Cabinet Office ... among the organisations supporting
> the NOC launch."?
>
> Or was that just one of Cheesy Blair's PR exercises?

There's a connection between John Pugh and NOC because the Open Source
Alliance lobbyists are working with both. I'm sort of among them... one of
the least active cog wheels...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
roy      pts/1                         Thu Mar  1 01:53   still logged in