Re: Doug's Posts: MS Buying (Not Earning) PR To Sell Cheap Junk

  • Subject: Re: Doug's Posts: MS Buying (Not Earning) PR To Sell Cheap Junk
  • From: flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:36:21 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In article <460021e7$0$8398$ec3e2dad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
ACDC@xxxxxxx says...

> "flyer" <flyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > In article <45ff5336$0$8387$ec3e2dad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > acdc@xxxxxxx says...
> >>
> >> "flyer" <flyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> Well, there are billions on the earth and only a few millon at best to do
> >> the despising, so that makes Microsoft the favorite of about 99.9% of
> >> that
> >> total or at least they are despised by only 0.1%.  George Bush won the
> >> last
> >> election with a far smaller percentage of the population in his camp.
> >> That
> >> illustrates the problem that the anti-MS folk have, i.e. they don't see
> >> reality and they don't focus on anything practical.
> >
> > Impractical?? Unrealistic?? You make the weakest arguments.
> >
> > WHAT is impractical or unrealistic about starting a race VASTLY LATE and
> > then steadily surging ahead with a vastly better product to catch up.
> >
> As the famous economist said "In the long run, we are all dead."  That is
> pretty much the situation for desktop OS.  Years of trying and very little
> incursion into the market, if any.  Microsoft's business grows more each
> year than the entire Linux installed base and so the gap, measured in
> absolute terms is still increasing.  Maybe by the year 3000 Linux will catch
> up, but it won't matter to me.

Sorry, Win CAN't scale. Google is beating MS to web apps. Linux is
steadily, VERY steadily, being adopted everywhere, including HEAVY Gov
zones. linux CAN scale hugely.

Like I said, Rome owned the world for a little while and then died.

> > Someone HAD to start first. To win however you can't have Linux running
> > right up your pants with BETTER STUFF. MS will lose this race.
> >
> You think there is a race.  I think the race is over and Microsoft won.
> Linux was a no show.

Of COURSE there is a race, a REVIVED race, and one started LATE by Linux.
Dump Windows is becoming a mantra by those requiring decent computing.

> > Heh heh, displacing Win in sector after sector, shill boy, sounds nicely
> > practical to me.
> >
> Which sector would you consider to be in the Linux win column?  Is there any
> money in that sector?

RED HAT, DOT, ETC ETC and the list goes on and on.

Read Roy's posts re Linux adoption. Heavy Duty wave after wave of
adoption.

It's not something one can stop.