Re: Doug's Posts: MS Buying (Not Earning) PR To Sell Cheap Junk

  • Subject: Re: Doug's Posts: MS Buying (Not Earning) PR To Sell Cheap Junk
  • From: "amicus_curious" <ACDC@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:03:09 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"flyer" <flyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:MPG.20691419a7ce67a19896e2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> In article <45ff5336$0$8387$ec3e2dad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> acdc@xxxxxxx says...
>>
>> "flyer" <flyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >
>> > MS discussions on how to SPIN LIES in order to occlude the truth about
>> > their substandard garbage is fascinating.
>> >
>> > If they had put these efforts into fixing Win, they would have been
>> > great, rather than despised by so many.
>> >
>> Well, there are billions on the earth and only a few millon at best to do
>> the despising, so that makes Microsoft the favorite of about 99.9% of
>> that
>> total or at least they are despised by only 0.1%.  George Bush won the
>> last
>> election with a far smaller percentage of the population in his camp.
>> That
>> illustrates the problem that the anti-MS folk have, i.e. they don't see
>> reality and they don't focus on anything practical.
>
> Impractical?? Unrealistic?? You make the weakest arguments.
>
> WHAT is impractical or unrealistic about starting a race VASTLY LATE and
> then steadily surging ahead with a vastly better product to catch up.

As the famous economist said "In the long run, we are all dead."  That is
pretty much the situation for desktop OS.  Years of trying and very little
incursion into the market, if any.  Microsoft's business grows more each
year than the entire Linux installed base and so the gap, measured in
absolute terms is still increasing.  Maybe by the year 3000 Linux will catch
up, but it won't matter to me.

> Someone HAD to start first. To win however you can't have Linux running
> right up your pants with BETTER STUFF. MS will lose this race.

You think there is a race.  I think the race is over and Microsoft won.
Linux was a no show.

> Heh heh, displacing Win in sector after sector, shill boy, sounds nicely
> practical to me.

Which sector would you consider to be in the Linux win column?  Is there any
money in that sector?

> Vastly better security as well, is incredibly practical.
>
> Excluded fascistic user lock-in is practical beyond description to all
> but the most heavily nose ringed bootlicker (like you).
>
> Gov agencies DUMPING winwoes like hot potatoes for very practical
> reasons.
>
> Anything more to say about practicality shill boy.

Only that you are misinterpreting events.  You need to work on your prose
style as well.  You give the impression that you are spitting and drooling.

>> > Really, the ONLY reason many have bought MS is that Win was essentially
>> > the only thing on the shelf.
>> >
>> That is mostly true today as it was 10 years ago.  Nothing has yet shown
>> up
>> that the merchants would deem shelf worthy and so it will continue to be
>> true for the foreseeable future.
>
> Linux doesn't NEED shelf space. It's haunting MS everywhere else. It's
> BEATING MS to the downloaded software finish line.

What if that were true?  How many of the 250 million PCs being sold per year
would be affected by that?  If all you have is word of mouth, you want to
believe that it is an important factor, but you are dealing with more than
that strategy can handle.

> Ask Red Hat and the Linux download sites about that before you start
> sounding like some MS programmed little broken record.
>
> We'll put up with the MS HEADSTART for a while.

Quite a while in my view.  Probably forever.

>> > As many became locked in to MS degredation, they became unable to admit
>> > that MS has taken them for a horrible substandard ride.
>> >
>> > And this continues even today with weak, pitiful arguments on why to
>> > retain Win.
>>
>> Which is all that is necessary in the absence of any argument as to why
>> one
>> should switch.
>
> Absence of arguments to switch? Cute shillish false statement.
>
> Ommitted security bugs that threaten the entire internet.
> Ommitted overcharging.
> Ommitted multi charging for the same whitewashed weak OS.
> Ommitted SPYING on user activity.
> Ommitted lock-in of users.
> ETC ETC ETC AS POSTED HERE REGULARLY.

How many buyers believe that to be the case?  How many buyers even care.
How many buyers have even heard the speech?  How many people read this
group?  A million?  A hundred?  I estimate there are fewer than a hundred
individuals making posts here, how many lurkers could there be?

> So much for your attempted argument.
>
> You're obviously also ignoring the massive and increasing Linux adoption
> stats posted by Roy. Read 'em and weep shill. Linux is insinuating itself
> into every crack in the sinking MS base.

I read 'em and chuckle myself.  That is much easier on the mind.

>> > There is great freedom in admitting severe errors in judgement. Win
>> > users
>> > seem to enjoy remaining slaves.
>>
>> And Linux fans seem to enjoy being dead last, at least they never seem to
>> muster any effort to change their fate.
>
> With only two running the race, "DEAD LAST" carries little weight as an
> argument -- like most of your drivel.
>
> As well it ignores the continued and steadily increasing adoption of
> Linux by real heavyweights, not nose ringed munchkins like you.

Everyone needs to believe in something, so keep your spirits up.  But who
are the "heavyweights" that you reference?  For years the poster child for
Linux was Munich, Germany, and they are still not out of chute after almost
4 years of blather.  And they have taken to buying old Windows licenses as
well in order to hedge their bets.