Re: [News] Windows' War Against Viruses Lost Forever, Say Experts

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, flyer
<flyer@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:58:42 -0700
<MPG.206917f2a5f447b89896e3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In article <3560041.dTlGXAFRqV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>> Experts warn war against computer viruses could be lost as onslaught spreads
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "I would propose a sort of internet Interpol, he said, referring to the
>> | UN organization where police swap wanted data. Soon, no single suite
>> | of security software may be able to cope in this "spooky arms race"
>> | against unseen attackers.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=138768&version=1&template_id=48&parent_id=28
>>
>> Windows could one day be forbidden from accessing the Web.
>
> QUARANTINE!!!!
>
> BRILLIANT IDEA!
>
> There should be a PETITION for just that!
>
> Run the MS pigsty on your own home hardware or intranet if you want, but
> Win is NOT to touch the internet.
>
> That's a GREAT idea.

Hm.  How do we tell when a series of packets comes from a Windows
machine?

An interesting idea, but there are a number of things that
might get in the way -- especially proxies. :-)  Still,
it might cut the worst of the crap out.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.